Buying New vs. Used Food Processing Equipment: The Pros and Cons of Each
Wondering whether you should buy your food processing or packaging equipment new or used? Each option comes with its own unique benefits and caveats. Here are some pros and cons to keep in mind as you weigh your options.
- Often includes installation & training
- Based on tax laws, equipment depreciation may increase
- Typically assembled for your specific needs
- Cost is typically 50% more than used
- Delivery schedule may not fit your production needs
- Project may be short term or introducing new products with market uncertainty
- SAVINGS – expect at least 50% of new cost
- DELIVERY – typically quick ship
- PRODUCTION – get started right away
- May require costly repairs & updates prior to installation
- Did you purchase the correct machine for your needs
- Improper machine representation from the seller
At M&M Equipment Corp. we specialize in providing our customers with the best food processing and packaging equipment, whether they’re interested in purchasing new or used. Our Refurbished machines offer the best of both worlds, giving customers the chance to invest in equipment they can count on for years, at used prices.
If you’re looking for a particular piece of equipment, contact us today and we will be glad to help.